Saturday, October 31, 2009

Scary Movie List

Being Halloween, everyone puts out their quintessential viewing list of movies that scare the bejesus out of people. Well I'm going to give you my list, maybe not of the scariest movies or the best movies, but the movies I love and isn't that what's important??

Maybe I will try and do some categories:

Scariest/Best Quality movies (for when I could get scared, but now I'm just numb to it all):
The Shining
The Exorcist
Halloween
Jaws
Raising Cain
Saw (the original for its inventiveness)
Blood Beach and C.H.U.D. (now I don't know if they're scary, but I know those were the first two scary movies I had ever been forced to watch by my parents)
Silence of the Lambs
Sixth Sense (probably the last great scary movie before the era of the twist)
Alien
Predator
28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later
Night of the Living Dead (Romero's Version)
Mothman Prophecies
Seven

Guilty Pleasure movies(not saying they're bad, just not classic):
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
All the Simpsons Halloween Specials
Nightmare Before Christmas
Scream (basically you can thank that movie for the rebirth of horror in theaters)
Evil Dead 1 and 2
Army of Darkness
Drag Me to Hell (Sam Raimi rules!)
Temple of Doom
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (trippy stuff)
Ghostbusters
Beetlejuice
Terminator (Sci-fi, but it's still scary)
Terminator 2 (for the effects)
Arachnaphobia

Hitchcock:

Psycho
Birds
Rear Window
Man Who Knew Too Much
Rope
Frenzy
Vertigo
Dial M For Murder
North by Northwest

OK, that should keep you kids busy for a while....

No comments: