Tuesday, October 27, 2009

TV, Maryland and more

Ok so I'm back from a weekend in Maryland. But before I get into my weekend let me tell you about my experience with Best Buy.

I bought a new television to replace my '01 model (an original HD box that was well worth the investment RIP) from Best Buy. It was a 46" with the blu-ray player and surround sound system. I bought it last Sunday with a delivery and install set up for Wednesday before I left for vacation. So I took Wednesday off from work to get this all knocked out. I called at 10:30 (for a delivery scheduled from 8-4) and checked to make sure it was still on the way. The Best Buy rep. said that they would call me an hour before they would drop it off and to call back around 1:30 if I had not heard anything. At 11:30 I got the call I thought I was waiting for...but it was a Best Buy rep. saying that my Geek Squad installer had gotten ill and would not be able to do the install today. I rescheduled for this Wednesday and said that I could handle hooking up the television today without him. At 1:30, I still had not received a call about delivery so I called Best Buy back and they gave me the telephone number to the delivery center in Maryland. I called them and they said that my delivery was canceled and set for this Wednesday. I called Best Buy back and asked for a manager which I never got. The person who runs the check lanes offered her biggest apologies, but would not transfer me to a manager. She also gave me a $50 gift card for my troubles and the number to the corporate line. I called that line and spoke to four more people without my problem being fixed. I was sent back to a manager in store (after another hour of calls) and he 'tried' his best to find a solution. They could not get anything delivered to me on that day so I went and picked it up myself and hooked it up myself that night. On Wednesday the Geek Squad is still coming to 'install' my three products, but we'll probably just end up passing the time by playing Wii.

Onto Maryland: The wife and I got away with our dog to a cottage in the woods outside Deep Creek Lake. It is a nice place, kitchen sans dishwasher, couch, tv w/ dvd on the main level and a bedroom upstairs with a walkout deck. There is also a nice outdoor hot tub. So the first night I go out to the hot tub and relax, but as I was going back inside I heard walking going on in the dense woods nearby. I told my wife who freaked out figuring we were ripe for an axing by some crazy local hillbilly. She was now not in the mood.....for watching horror movies like we had planned. Instead we watched some comedies with all the outdoor and indoor lights on at full blast. It must have looked like a carnival had hit town from the outside. She did not sleep well that night. It rained most of the rest of the weekend, which was fine, because we went for rest, reading and movies. We watch Saw VI, Trick r' Treat, From Hell, Adventureland, The Proposal, Twister and Jurassic Park. I read my newest Jefferey Deaver Book, she studied for a midterm and it was a good time. We were eager to get back because we miss the franticness of our life back at home.

That's it for now, but I'll get you caught up on Fantasy Football, Hockey and I might even speak about the start of the NBA season *gasp* next time.

No comments: