Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm baaaaaaaaaack

So I've been meaning to start my blog again for a long time, but kept forgetting to do so. Let's get everyone caught up over the last 18 months. I have a new job, new car, new television, same wife and less hair.

Random thoughts over recent sporting events. The Redskins need to blow up their entire roster, focusing on building solely from the draft and making no noise in upcoming free agent markets. They need to rebuild their offensive line long before finding a new franchise quarterback. You need it to get worse before it can get any better. This means at least 2 more seasons at 3-13 getting top five picks and building a new foundation. Quarterbacks can always be found, but he won't be any good without being protected. I believe Jason Campbell could be a decent quarterback (nowhere near pro bowl material) behind a great offensive line. I beg Dan Snyder to only take 300+ lbs. players over the next 3 years of drafts.

Onto the good part of DC sports. The Capitals have a real shot at winning a Stanley Cup this year and bringing joy to this city finally. The need to bring the same concentration they showed during the season opening win against Boston and recently at home against San Jose. Remember that a 4-1 victory is just as good as a 6-5 victory. I just wish more people could understand how good Alex Ovechkin is and would support him and the Capitals with as much fervor as they do for the Redskins. I never got to see Wayne Gretzky in his prime, but I can only imagine the what I get to see with Ovi night in and night out is just about that.

So recent movies I saw: Zombieland-tons of fun and a great secret cameo
Couples Retreat-moments of good (mainly trailer stuff). They should have gone for the R rating...it was missing the zing of good adult jokes
Paranormal Activity-Good for $15,000 budget, but felt like a show I'd be watching on Syfy or Discovery Channel

Ok that's it for tonight...I swear I'll do this on a more updated basis and get to talking about fantasy football, poker and other fun stuff.

No comments: