Thursday, October 29, 2009

Some more tasty goodness

For this episode I'm going to tackle some fantasy football help for newbies. The topic is 'Why drafting a stud defense is useless"

The only thing that matters in drafting a defense for fantasy football or a tandem at that is the first 4-6 weeks at most. I'll cover my three leagues and explain what I mean.

In my ESPN league I went with the tandem, taking the Chargers D and the Jets D in hoping that Rex Ryan's leadership would lead to big points.

In my CBS league I picked the Vikings D based on their first set of games vs Cleveland, Detroit, San Francisco and St Louis

In my other league I went with another Tandem between the NY Giants and my despicable Redskins based off their combo schedule of: Giants v Redskins, Redskins v Rams, Redskins v Detroit (or Giants v Tampa), Giants v Kansas City (or Skins v Tampa Bay), and Giants v Oakland.

Like I said: Track the first five weeks based off of season projections and then hit the waiver wire. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO DROP A SUPPOSED #1 DEFENSE AFTER WEEK 5.

I have picked up the Niners D when they scored 3 defensive TD's vs St. Louis. I picked up the Colts D v St Louis last week, and this week I'm banking on San Diego vs Oakland. I continue to try and match up the best I can. I always try and pick up the defense I want to use for the following week the week before anyone else does. You should always have a floating roster spot for Bye Week replacements. If you don't and you have too much talent, trade quantity for quality to free up a spot and make your team better.

Here's who you should be picking up now for Weeks 9 and 10: Atlanta (vs Washington and Carolina)

That's it for now

No comments: