Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pocket Pair 7/11/12

Running Diary of the Major League Baseball All-Star Game from my brain:

I skipped Fox's intro for the most part.  I caught Erin Andrews saying goodbye to Chipper Jones and hello to Mike Trout.  I've never been a fan of the Atlanta Braves, but I wear #10 and I'm getting close to calling it a career in baseball and seeing Chipper get all teary eyed got me all...moving on, nothing to see here.

Kansas City, home of the Monarchs from the Negro League.  I'm happy they paid homage...good job.

I can't believe Jonathan Papelbon is an All-Star from a last place team and A.J. Burnett who has carried the first place Pirates after a disastrous start is at home.  Outside of that 12 run game, Burnett has a 2.60 ERA over his other 14 starts and is 10-1 in those games.  Papelbon is a douche on a crappy team who has his second highest ERA in any season so far this year.

Hello Bryce, Stephan and Gio...I hope to see you every year for the next 10 years.

Oakland Athletics sighting!!! My guess is Ryan Cook doesn't play tonight.

I don't know who you are anthem singer...be gone with you.

Still hate Tim McCarver although he's resembling Harry Caray in his later years more and more.

Ice cream break!!!

I don't think I'll ever get over the loss of Carlos Gonzalez from having a career in the green and gold.  I will forever loathe Matt Holliday because of it.

That didn't take long as Ryan Braun smokes a ball to the fence.  Somebody test his urine.  Maybe Verlander should stick to the curve ball, because it is beyond filthy.

Yikes! Verlander imploding before my eyes.  This is...unexpected.  It has to be because of that inspiring, rah-rah speech by Chipper.  I was ready to run through a brick wall for him.

Something tells me if that Josh Hamilton hit had left the yard, we'd be in for a really good game.  Now I'm not so sure this isn't a big time blowout.

Joey Gloves!

Matt Cain is a very good pitcher, not flashy, just very consistent who will forever have his place in history with World Series championship, perfect game and All-Star game start.

Gio time!  Please take Brandon McCarthy Nationals.  I want the A's and Nats to be trading partners for life.  Just keep it fair guys.

 I repeat...if you think having a BBQ is going to Burger King...you are not my friend.

 WHERE WERE THOSE STATS WHEN YOU WERE IN OAKLAND MATT??? (Sorry for that kids)

Looks like the Cardinals are still haunting the Rangers...hahahahaha

3 triples by the NL and its only the 4th inning? Wow.

Oooooh Strasburg vs. Cano, Hamilton and Baustista...me likey!!

I think that curve fooled the umpire.  Shocker!

Washington Nationals overload...Bryce Harper time!!  Don't be scared Weaver...throw a strike you long haired surfer boy!

 Oh Bryce!  Booooooo. Bringing back the Natinals with that gaffe.

 Way to go Chipper!  Sail off into the sunset with that one.

Well Mike Trout just welcomed R.A. Dickey quite rudely.  Dickey would be out of baseball if it weren't for the National League...just saying.

Bryce Harper vs. Ryan Cook, my worlds are colliding.  It'll be fun to watch Cook pitch for the Yankees in a couple of years.

Well that's about it for my interest in the game.

Kellie Pickler? Really? She's still relevant? Oh how horrible.

The words 'Taco Bell' and 'gourmet' should not be used in the same sentence

Tony LaRussa is going to drag the rest of this game out with bullpen changes.  Of course going from Kimbrel to Chapman is not fair.

Last licks for the American League...8 run rally caps on everybody.

Final Score: National League 8 American League 0...See you in DC for Game 1 of the World Series.

-----------------------------------------------------

This morning the wife and I went to find out whether we are having a boy or girl....it's a BOY!!!  I really hadn't set my mind to wanting one or the other, just one that was healthy.  Either way my kid was going to be well versed in the rules of baseball longer before his peers.

This brings us to the debate about the names...Jessica has thrown out names that I have no interest in and she has already shot down Nicklas Alexander after my two favorite Washington Capitals.  I have come up with an idea that she has agreed to that we are going to do this like a jury selection.

We will both submit 10 names and each person will quickly eliminate five names from the others list without objection.  We will then take our new list of 10 names and put them through a strenuous question and answer session to make sure they are not hiding any secrets that will come back to bite us in the ass.   The main reason Jessica eliminated Nicklas is she didn't want her baby boy to be called 'Dickless Nicklas' at school.  How petty!

Feel free to submit any ideas of names you may have...I am an open book at this point.  I have always thought about naming him Jason Alan Wippich Jr. so that I could be Jason Alan Wippich Sr. or JAWS!!  That would be sweet.  I could hear my nephews/nieces say 'Hi Uncle Jaws!!'  That makes me smile because I'm silly like that.


















No comments: