Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bring Luther Back by Sir Eats-A-Lot

My friend over at Burgerdays had been asked on Twitter where the best place in the DMV area was to get a Luther.  You don't know what that is?? Just the greatest invention of using a glazed doughnut as the bun to hold a mouth watering, delicious bacon cheese burger.

There is a complete lack of options when it comes to finding a quality Luther in and around the District, but we asked one of our favorite burger joints in town to help us out.  BGR - The Burger Joint has a really accessible founder, Mark Bucher, and serves one of the best burgers in town.  After hitting him up on Twitter he asked us to come up with some lyrics that would encapsulate our want and need for bringing back The Luther for his next Burger of the Month.

I am an eater, not a singer, nor a lyricist.  But, when it comes to possibly getting my hands around a perfectly seasoned, bacon covered burger being hugged by a glazed doughnut, I couldn't turn down the challenge.

Here is what I put together...feel free to sing along.

BRING LUTHER BACK - BY Sir Eats-A-Lot

I like big burgs and I cannot lie
You other joints can't deny
That when a burger gets served with an ooey gooey bun
And a round hole in the middle
You get sprung, wanna bite down quick
'Cause you notice that bun was glazed

Deep in the meat it's holding
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh baby, I wanna get with you
And take your picture
Burgerdays tried to warn me
But that bun you got makes me so hungry





No comments: